I have been working in the games industry for 6 years. After finishing a 3 year degree in digital art, I started my career as a Level designer at Compulsion Games. Lately I have been a fulltime in-house artist as well as frequently working as a freelance artist/designer. I also have experience teaching, helping update the Level Mapping online course material at La Salle College to Unreal4. I love learning anything about game development, and wish to work with talented and driven people.
- Advanced knowledge of high to low poly modelling and sculpting for game environments and props
- Experienced in many aspects of level design (Grey boxing, level/system scripting, cinematics, and sound integration)
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, experience writing and maintaining design and technical documentation
- Solid background in the creation of tileable textures/material blending and modular environment workflows
- Strong understanding of next-gen shader creation through node-based material systems
- Experienced in guiding other artists in a team setting and communicating with various departments
- Quick learner, pickup new tools and pipelines fast
- Self motivated and independent learner
Adobe Suite (Photoshop,Illustrator,After Effects)
Substance Painter / Designer
- Empty Clip Studios - Freelance 3d Artist
September 2014 – Present (1 year 5 months) Remote work
General 3d art and look development for upcoming title "Symphony Worlds". Helped develop the overall look and current implementation of art in the title. Prototyping visual effects and consulting on game and level design.
- IGDA - Winnipeg Chapter Organizer
April 2015 - Present
One of three organizers for the Winnipeg IGDA Chapter, I help organize talks and panels on a monthly basis. Responsibilities include booking the venues, contacting guests, and organizing anything day of the event. It has been a great opportunity to meet local developers in my area.
- LaSalle College - Level Mapping / Portfolio Development Online Instructor
Sept - Dec 2015 (4 months - One Semester) Remote work
Taught two evening course a week for four months. Was responsible for updating provided courseware to current industry trends. Created slides, presentations and tutorials for learning Unreal4.
- ZenFri Inc. - Lead 3D Artist
February 2014 – October 2015 (1 year 9 months) Winnipeg, Canada Area
Duties included modelling, rigging, animating, texturing, UI work, visual effects. Responsible for organizing workload of one other artist and mentoring their learning. Worked closely with programmers to design and implement core game mechanics. Integrated all artwork in the game using Unity. Developed shaders using node based editor (Shader Forge) primarily used for visual effects. I helped build prototypes for pitch projects, as well as lead the visual development in pre-production of an unreleased title.
- Compulsion Games - Level Designer
September 2010 – October 2013 (3 years 2 months) Montreal, Canada Area
Working closely with the creative director and programmers to develop game mechanics and spaces that communicated the look and feel we wanted to present to the player. Duties included Pre-production, Level Design, Scripting, Promotional Art, Running playtests, Core mechanic development. Was on the project from beginning to end, shipping on all major consoles and desktop.
- TAKEOFF - Maquette Sculpture
August 2010 – September 2010 (2 months) Remote work
Responsible for translating a 2d concept into a 3d printable sculpt for a limited 1000 unit production. Provided texturing and coloring reference for production artists to use as visual target.
Red River College - Advanced Computer Graphics Program (post-grad diploma) 2009
Red River College - Digital Multimedia Technology (two year diploma) 2007-2008